Yakima Estate Planning Lawyers
One of the most important tasks on your lifetime To-Do list should be estate planning, and you are probably familiar with many of the reasons why. Through it, you provide your family with a road map if you become incapacitated, as well as upon your death. Proper estate planning can help you avoid or minimize the potential for costly litigation, and you can also communicate your wishes about health care. Ultimately, these benefits help preserve the value of your estate.
At Moulton Law Offices, our firm’s primary focus is estate planning. There are numerous opportunities under Washington law to protect your health, assets, and family during your lifetime, as well as upon your passing. We are knowledgeable about the options and experienced in putting strategies into effect. Please contact us to set up a consultation with a Yakima estate planning lawyer who will review your circumstances and advise you on arrangements. You can also read on to learn how we serve your needs.
We Assist with All Estate Planning Options
Because our core practice area is estate planning, we are able to offer comprehensive services. There are three aspects where planning ahead is always wise.
1. Incapacity Planning: You cannot make decisions regarding health care or your finances if you become incapacitated because of illness or injury. It is important to consider a power of attorney for health care, a POA for financial matters, and living wills / advance directives.
2. Your Will: This document appoints an executor to manage your final affairs at death and provides instructions on how to distribute assets to your designated beneficiaries.
3. Asset Protection: It is important to safeguard your interests in real estate and personal property for incapacity, at your death, and beyond. Some individuals may have a need to shield their assets from potential litigation and legal obligations. Asset protection options include trusts, LLCs, and solid insurance strategies.
Our Process for Estate Planning
At Moulton Law Offices, we have an established approach to guiding clients with estate planning. We start by consulting with you about your family, finances, assets and debts, and related circumstances. It is also necessary for us to assess your objectives and ways that we can help you meet them. Once we have a framework in place, a Washington estate planning lawyer will:
- Prepare draft versions of your POAs, living will / advance directive, trusts, and other documents;
- Review individual provisions of all estate planning to ensure you understand their effect;
- Coordinate signing of your estate planning documents, many of which require witnesses and a notary public;
- Advise you on storage and making copies and,
- Make revisions to your estate plan as appropriate.
Set Up a Consultation with a Yakima Estate Planning Attorney
As you can see, our team at Moulton Law Offices is ready to tackle all arrangements involved with creating an estate plan that achieves your goals. We will explain the laws, make recommendations, and assist with all drafting to give you the complete package. Please contact us today to schedule a case review with a Washington estate planning lawyer.