Spokane Limited Liability Company Lawyers
A limited liability company is one of numerous options available under Washington law when you seek to protect your personal wealth, business interests, and future. One of the most common reasons to create an LLC is to start and operate a business, and doing so has advantages for building a solid foundation for your company. However, there are also benefits to limited liability companies for estate planning and asset protection.
To reap these benefits, it is wise to get advice, guidance, and assistance with preparing all important paperwork for a limited liability company. At Moulton Law Offices, we are knowledgeable about the laws and legal requirements, so we are prepared to help you meet your goals with LLCs. To learn more about them, please contact our firm to set up a consultation with a Spokane limited liability companies attorney. It is also useful to review some background information on LLCs.
Overview of Limited Liability Companies: An LLC is one of several different legal entities you can create in Washington, and among the most important features is separating the company from the individual interests of its members. If the limited liability company runs into legal challenges or financial difficulties, the assets of stakeholders cannot be touched. In addition:
- Though similar to a corporation for offering limited liability, an LLC is easier to operate. There are fewer regulations and requirements, such as holding an annual shareholder meeting and voting for a board of directors.
- There are no limitations on the number of members of an LLC, and even another business entity can be an owner.
- Limited liability companies are pass-through entities for purposes of taxes, so the entity is not taxed on income. Members pay taxes according to their respective ownership interest on income earned by the LLC.
Creating and Maintaining an LLC: Establishing a limited liability company might seem like filling out some forms, but there are numerous issues and considerations in the background. Our Washington LLC lawyers at Moulton Law Offices will counsel you based upon your goals, and we are prepared to handle all necessary tasks for creating your LLC. You can trust us to:
- Advise you on the implications of limited liability companies;
- Prepare all forms to set up your LLC;
- Draft an operating agreement, which is not required but recommended to drive home the limited liability point and establish responsibilities of members;
- Assist with ongoing LLC matters, such as filing an annual report and dealing with taxes; and,
- Guide you with future changes, particularly members leaving and entering the LLC.
Call Now to Speak to a Spokane Limited Liability Companies Attorney
As you can see, there are many steps and requirements to consider when creating an LLC for a business, estate planning, or asset protection. For more information on how our team will help you navigate challenges, please contact Moulton Law Offices. We are happy to set up a case evaluation with a Washington limited liability companies lawyer. After learning more about your situation and goals, we can advise you on whether an LLC may be a good fit.