Kennewick Medicaid Planning Lawyers
There is a lot involved in the aging process and unfortunately, increased healthcare costs are just one aspect of it. Many seniors face higher medical costs as they get older, and at a time when they often are not earning an income to cover those expenses. Senior citizens often face very specific legal issues surrounding long-term care and Medicaid benefits and the care often needs to be received in nursing homes or assisted living facilities. It is not uncommon for seniors to worry that they will need this type of care, but that they also will not have the funds to pay for it.
It is very important to plan for Medicaid benefits long before you need them. On the other hand, if you or your spouse suddenly becomes ill and requires long-term care, it is still not too late to work with a Kennewick Medicaid planning lawyer.
What is Medicaid Planning?
Medicaid is a healthcare program that is run and overseen by the federal government. It is a common misbelief that Medicaid is only available for low-income individuals and others who are facing hardships but still have a need. Although this is true, it can also help older adults pay for the following:
- Prescription medication costs,
- Medicare Advantage Plan,
- Physician and other outpatient medical services, such as lab services, doctor’s visits, and medical equipment, and
- Hospitalization expenses.
There are currently over 4.6 million seniors who benefit from Medicaid, particularly when it comes to covering the cost of long-term care. A Medicaid planning lawyer can explain in greater detail how Medicaid benefits work, and how they can help you.
Why Do People Consider Medicaid Planning?
There are many reasons why people consider Medicaid planning, but there are two that are more common than others. These are as follows:
- Rising healthcare costs: Every year, the cost of healthcare in the United States is well over $3 trillion, which means the cost of healthcare is increasing faster than the rate of inflation. Those costs are only expected to keep rising, which is why planning for the future and Medicaid planning is so critical for all adults.
- Aging population: As our population gets older, more and more people will be living in nursing homes and in assisted living facilities. As medicine becomes more advanced, it means that people will live even longer and the need for Medicaid benefits will become even greater. The cost of these facilities can easily total $100,000 or more every year, which is an expense few people can take on themselves.
Call Our Kennewick Medicaid Planning Lawyer to Book an Appointment
Everyone should think about their future, and how they will pay for any healthcare they need. At Moulton Law Offices, P.S., our Kennewick Medicaid planning lawyer can provide strategies about how you can plan for your future and receive the care you need without depleting your life’s assets. Call us now at 1-509-328-2150, #9090 or contact us online to book an appointment and to learn more.